Graduate Technical Consultant
Posted by Charlotte Richmond
The role of Graduate Technical Consultant will see you provide consulting services that will cover a vast range of disciplines from Information Management, Data and Business Process Management, Records Management and Data Warehousing amongst many, MANY others. Your duties will be end to end and cover several technology areas depending on the scope of the project; this could include custom application development, integration, migration and application customisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop a wide skillset that will see you progress within your role within Aiimi at a fast pace. You will be able to interact at a client level from the early stages of your career whilst being part of a supportive team, working with and learning from experienced
Requirements of the Role
You will work closely with Aiimi colleagues within a variety of sectors, such as financial services, utilities, government and technology, analysing their processes and systems. As a Graduate Technical Consultant, you will be part of the team who is then tasked with building solutions for the client/s you are working with. A passion for how information, both data and content, can be used to drive business value would be ideal for this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Requirements gathering
- Analysis of process and company data
- Implementation planning and delivery
- Design and development of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions
- Training of end users
- Presales support as required
- Other responsibilities will be developed as you grow within this position
The role will be a blend of both hands on technical (developing a new UI or customisation or systems integration) and full consulting activities, allowing you the opportunity to gain varied experiences as you develop your career with us!
Full on the job training will be given to develop your skill set to ensure that you quickly become an effective member of the consulting team, whilst building your knowledge base and allowing you to develop in your role.
We would be keen to see applications with experience in some of the following areas, either gained through academic learning, hands on experience or both:
- Implementation, programming (C++, Java or Microsoft.NET), building reports, building applications etc.
- Proficiency in the collection, preparation (including clean-up of missing and incomplete data) and enrichment of data
- Good understanding of object orientated programming and data modelling, including relational data
- An appreciation for unstructured data and how this can be modelled and value extracted
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft PowerBI
- NET or Java
An understanding of any of the following technologies would be beneficial but is not essential to the role:
- Technologies such a NoSQL databases, big data, MapReduce, and enterprise search
- Microsoft Azure
- Bootstrap or equivalent UX frameworks
- Microsoft SSIS or equivalent ETL tools
- Experience of integrating with cloud API's to fetch data (REST, Web Services, ODATA)
This role offers the opportunity to build and or gain experience in the above technologies through on the job learning and training!
A degree, or equivalent, in a related area such as Computer Science
Aiimi operates in a collaborative working environment and encourages all employees to work in conjunction with colleagues wherever possible, whilst also encouraging independent working.
- Competitive Salary!
- Up to 10% of basic salary in flexible benefits (to include death in service and critical illness cover as standard plus private healthcare, dental, pension etc.)
- Up to 10% of basic salary in bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (you will receive an additional day of annual leave for every 2 years of your employment)
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org