Posted by Charlotte Richmond
We are looking for an Engineer from a computer science or numerical/statistical background to join our data and analytics practice at Aiimi. You will join an established team consisting of data scientists, data visualisation consultants, AI developers and data analysts, working collaboratively on both internal and external projects. You will help this team get the data they need by sourcing it from disparate systems, cleansing, transforming and prepping the data for use within analytical and predictive models.
We will train you in the tools and tech required to do this but analytical thinking, problem solving and coding skills are required for this role. Aiimi will invest in your personal development, providing opportunities to obtain professional qualifications, attend technology conferences, and taking part in team hacks to explore cutting-edge technologies and ideas.
You will have the opportunity to help businesses grow through adopting new and exciting technologies, such as: cloud based analytics, enterprise search, predictive modelling and real-time reporting. We help our customers solve problems and make the right decisions using data insight and advanced analytics. Almost all our work is done by embedding ourselves into customer teams, so you will be required to travel onsite to be part of one of the many innovative projects that we run within utilities, manufacturing, retail and finance sectors.
Due to the nature of the work we do, all applicants will need to be able to travel and potentially work away from home as part of the role.
Responsibilities of the Role
The key areas of responsibility for the Data Engineer include:
• Collaboration: you will be excited by working as part of a team of data scientists, analysts and visualisation
• Communication: you will possess an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical/business
• Problem Solving: be able to use data as a foundation to solve business problems
• Analytical Thinking: an ability to break down complex problems into single and manageable components
• Detail Oriented: an ability to maintain a high standard of outputs under tight deadlines
• Lead by Example: help inspire our clients to embrace new technologies and ways of thinking
• Understanding legacy processes and adapting new technology to manage change
• Meeting with areas/of business to gather requirements and an understanding of data
We would like to hear from people with academic and or commercial experience in the following areas:
• Python coding skills
• SQL coding skills
• Experience optimising database queries and ETL processes including performant joins and indexes
• SQL Server Integration Services to setup, design and manage ETL jobs
• SQL Server Management Studio for setup, administration and management of databases
• Knowledge of Azure data services (ADF, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Data bricks)
• Familiarity with distributed systems (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, U-SQL, Spark, etc.)
• Familiarity with unstructured data and No-SQL technologies
Head of Data and Analytics
Academic background in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, numerical or statistical discipline or demonstrable
commercial experience in lieu of this
Aiimi operates in a collaborative working environment and encourages all employees to work in conjunction with colleagues wherever possible, whilst also encouraging independent working.
- Competitive Salary!
- Up to 10% of basic salary in flexible benefits (to include death in service and critical illness cover as standard plus private healthcare, dental, pension etc.)
- Up to 10% of basic salary in bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (you will receive an additional day of annual leave for every 2 years of your employment)
- Promote training and personal development
- Bi-annual company retreats
- Access to office-based gym and swimming pool
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org