OpenText (ECM) Technical Consultant
June 2018 by Charlotte Richmond
We are interested in people who have a positive attitude, technical aptitude and a great ability to engage customers in discussion at all levels, including technical and business audiences. We are seeking ambitious individuals who have technical experience in a consulting role. You will want to progress to the next level in your career and become technically proficient in one or more ECM solutions and become a technical delivery leader. Your goal will be to learn as much as possible about your chosen technologies, inspire customers and others, create great ECM solutions and become a recognised expert in your field. Ideally you will have experience of working with OpenText products, but SharePoint, Documentum or Filenet would be good alternatives.
Due to the client facing nature of this role, you will be expected to travel both domestically and internationally and enjoy the challenge presented by dealing with all sorts of organisations in many industries. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, with great people who are also experts in their fields, working with cutting edge technologies to complement the commercial off the shelf products that we sell and implement.
Requirements of the Role
As an OpenText (ECM) Consultant, you will be responsible for technically leading projects, providing technical expertise and guidance as well as architecting and designing OpenText solutions. The role will be heavily client facing to both senior business and technical audiences, with the need to influence stakeholders at all levels and understand highly complex environments, issues and solutions. You will be a motivated EIM subject matter expert. Domestic and international travel will be required for some of the time. You will need to work closely with customer and Aiimi project managers as well as business and technical stakeholders.
- Good experience of Architecture, Design, Analysis and full life cycle implementation with document management products, especially the OpenText Content Suite Platform, including CS10/10.5/16 / eDOCS / Extended ECM – alternatively Documentum, FileNet, SharePoint or SAP
- Proven experience in designing and delivering EIM solutions including installations, upgrades, content migration and patching
- Solution experience with Scanning, Email Management and Workflow or BPM tools would be beneficial
- Provided strategic guidance in implementing EIM solutions to clients
- Provided technical training to clients and managed early life support
- Have run and managed workshops to gather customer requirements specific to EIM solutions and configurations
- Have an ability to map customers’ business needs to the capabilities of EIM technologies
- Identified and designed areas where configuration or customisation of ‘out of the box’ solutions are required
- Worked with cross functional teams implementing components of more complex customer solutions in and outside of ECM / EIM
- A degree, or equivalent, in a related area
- OpenText or other Content Management system certified consultant/administrator
- Technical design
- Waterfall and / or Agile methodologies for project delivery
- Consultative approach
- Solution architecture
- Requirements gathering/facilitation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire confidence
- Customer engagement management
Aiimi operates in a collaborative working environment and encourages all employees to work in conjunction with colleagues wherever possible, whilst also encouraging independent working.
- Competitive starting salary
- Up to 10% of basic salary in flexible benefits (to include death in service and critical illness cover as standard plus private healthcare, dental, pension etc.)
- Up to 10% of basic salary in bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (you will receive an additional day of annual leave for every 2 years of your employment)
To apply for this role please email email@example.com