Senior Technical Architect
September by Charlotte Richmond
The role of this Senior Technical Architect will see you provide consulting services that lead the design, deployment and configuration of Aiimi’s InsightMaker platform. The role will see you interact with several technologies including Microsoft.NET, Elasticsearch, and Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. You will need to lead a team, as well as owning the design of the customer's architecture and overall technical implementation. You will work closely with the project manager and senior members of the team to ensure a successful outcome for the projects.
This is a client facing role that will see you working on site, with locations based throughout the UK. Due to this, all applicants will need to be able to travel and work away from home. You will also be required to undertake security clearance due to the nature of some of the work we do.
Requirements of the Role
You will work closely with Aiimi colleagues within a variety of sectors, such as financial services, utilities, government and technology, leading the design and implementation of InsightMaker at a number of our customers. As a Senior Technical Architect, you will be part of the InsightMaker consulting team who is then tasked with leading the implementation of InsightMaker for the client/s you are working with. A passion for how information, both data and content, can be used to drive business value would be ideal for this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Requirements gathering
- Analysis of process and company data
- Leading the design and development of InsightMaker solutions (high level design documents and detail design documents)
- Leading implementation planning and delivery
- Training of end users
- Presales support as required
- Other responsibilities will be developed as you grow within this position
The role will be a blend of both upfront design, strategic alignment and planning along with practical implementation. In addition, you will be engaged in full consulting activities and leadership of the team, allowing you the opportunity to gain varied experiences as you develop your career with us! Full on the job training will be given to develop your skill set in our product to ensure that you quickly become an effective member of the InsightMaker consulting team.
We would be keen to see applications with experience in some of the following areas:
- Team leadership, project leadership and coaching skills
- Creation of high-level design documents and detail design documents
- Working closely with the project manager and assisting in planning and scoping activities
- Implementation, programming (C++, Java or Microsoft.NET), building reports, building applications etc.
- Proficiency in the collection, preparation (including clean-up of missing and incomplete data) and enrichment of data
- Good understanding of object orientated programming and data modelling, including relational data
- An appreciation for unstructured data and how this can be modelled and value extracted
- Microsoft SQL Server
- NET or Java
An understanding of any of the following technologies would be beneficial but is not essential to the role:
- Technologies such a NoSQL databases, big data, MapReduce, and enterprise search
- Microsoft Azure and/or Google Compute Cloud
- Microsoft SSIS or equivalent ETL tools
This role offers the opportunity to build and or gain experience in the above technologies through on the job learning and training!
A degree, or equivalent, in a related area such as Computer Science
Aiimi operates in a collaborative working environment and encourages all employees to work in conjunction with colleagues wherever possible, whilst also encouraging independent working.
- Competitive starting salary
- Up to 10% of basic salary in flexible benefits (to include death in service and critical illness cover as standard plus private healthcare, dental, pension etc.)
- Up to 10% of basic salary in bonus
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays (you will receive an additional day of annual leave for every 2 years of your employment
- Promote training and personal development
- Bi-annual company retreats
- Access to office-based gym and swimming pool
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org