Posted by Charlotte Richmond
The role of this Technical Consultant will see you provide consulting services that support the deployment and configuration of Aiimi’s InsightMaker platform. The role will see you interact with several technologies including Microsoft.NET, Elasticsearch, and Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop a wide skill-set that will see you progress within your role within Aiimi at a fast pace. You will be able to interact at a client level from the early stages of your career whilst being part of a supportive team, working with and learning from experienced colleagues.
This is a client facing role that will see you working on site, with locations based throughout the UK. Due to this, all applicants will need to be able to travel and work away from home. You will also be required to undertake security clearance due to the nature of some of the work we do.
Requirements of the Role
You will work closely with Aiimi colleagues within a variety of sectors, such as financial services, utilities, government and technology, implementing InsightMaker. As a Technical Consultant, you will be part of the InsightMaker consulting team who is then tasked with implementing InsightMaker for the client/s you are working with. A passion for how information, both data and content, can be used to drive business value would be ideal for this role.
You will be responsible for:
• Requirements gathering
• Analysis of process and company data
• Implementation planning and delivery
• Design and development of InsightMaker solutions (including coding)
• Training of end users
• Presales support as required
• Other responsibilities will be developed as you grow within this position
The role will be predominately hands-on technical (configuration, developing a new UI or customisation or systems integration) and full consulting activities, allowing you the opportunity to gain varied experiences as you develop your career with us!
Full on the job training will be given to develop your skill-set within InsightMaker to ensure that you quickly become an effective member of the InsightMaker consulting team.
We would be keen to see applications with experience in some of the following areas:
• Implementation, programming (C++, Java or Microsoft.NET), building reports, building applications etc.
• Proficiency in the collection, preparation (including clean-up of missing and incomplete data) and enrichment of data
• Good understanding of object orientated programming and data modelling, including relational data
• An appreciation for unstructured data and how this can be modelled and value extracted
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft.NET or Java
An understanding of any of the following technologies would be beneficial but is not essential to the role:
• Technologies such a NoSQL databases, big data, MapReduce, and enterprise search
• Microsoft Azure
• Bootstrap or equivalent UX frameworks
• Microsoft SSIS or equivalent ETL tools
• Experience of integrating with cloud API’s to fetch data (REST, Web Services, ODATA)
A degree, or equivalent, in a related area such as Computer Science
Aiimi operates in a collaborative working environment and encourages all employees to work in conjunction with colleagues wherever possible, whilst also encouraging independent working.
- Competitive Salary!
- Up to 10% of basic salary in flexible benefits (to include death in service and critical illness cover as standard plus private healthcare, dental, pension etc.)
- Up to 10% of basic salary in bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (you will receive an additional day of annual leave for every 2 years of your employment)
- Bi-annual company retreats
- Access to office-based gym and swimming pool
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org