Posted by Charlotte Richmond
We are looking for a passionate and driven UX Consultant to work as part of our design team. You will work on client projects, which are mostly focussed on work-place solutions in a variety of sectors including utilities, finance, and government.
The successful applicant will be someone that can see the bigger picture and understand how an individual digital experience works as part of a larger customer experience ecosystem.
The role requires both independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You should have a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic team. A willingness to travel is important too as you will be required to spend time working on client site.
All CVs must be accompanied by portfolio and/or website link.
Requirements of the Role
The nature of our work means a flexible approach to UX design is essential. We work within a variety of timescales and budgets as well as differing project teams and development methodologies, you should be able to adapt your processes accordingly. You will work closely with Project Managers, Product Owners, Developers and other team members, both within Aiimi and the client’s organisation to produce creative, yet intuitive solutions. You should advocate and show willingness to involve users from the early stage of the project right through to completion.
You will be responsible for:
• Estimating work, delivering to deadlines, and escalating risks when they arise
• Gathering and evaluating user requirements from internal and external stakeholders
• Illustrating your design ideas using low and high-fidelity methods
• Creating interactive prototypes across mobile, tablet and desktop
• Organising and facilitating testing sessions and evaluating results
Required experience and skills
• Good knowledge of user-centred design processes and UX principles
• User research and discovery skills (workshops, personas, mental models, user journeys, surveys etc)
• Strong conceptual skills with an aptitude for problem solving, and ability to create original solutions based on user needs
• Creation of mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes to share ideas and gather feedback
• Experience in planning and facilitating usability testing sessions (both prototypes and products) and user workshops
• Effective communicator and presenter
• Excellent organisational and time management skills - you will need to be comfortable working on multiple work streams
• Your portfolio will demonstrate a flexible UX approach that has resulted in the delivery of desktop and mobile (web) B2B projects
Degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or related field of study (or suitable work experience in lieu of degree)
Aiimi operates in a collaborative working environment and encourages all employees to work in conjunction with colleagues wherever possible, whilst also encouraging independent working.
- Competitive Salary!
- Up to 10% of basic salary in flexible benefits (to include death in service and critical illness cover as standard plus private healthcare, dental, pension etc.)
- Up to 10% of basic salary in bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (you will receive an additional day of annual leave for every 2 years of your employment)
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org