Posted by Charlotte Richmond
We are looking for a passionate and driven UX Designer to work as part of our Development team, Aiimi Labs. You should be experienced in bringing a product to life – from early stage concepts through to prototypes, development, launch, and ongoing improvement. You should have knowledge of new product methodologies and processes such as Lean UX, hypothesis testing, MVPs, and agile development. It is important that you understand how to test not only a product’s usability, but also its conceptual model.
You will be working with senior stakeholders within Aiimi including the CEO and CTO and you should be comfortable in challenging assumptions (where necessary) and collaborating with people of that level.
The role requires an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You should have a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic team. This is an opportunity to work on some exciting, visionary and disruptive software – candidates should be excited by the challenge that this will offer, be passionate about their work and have an amazing attitude to bring to the team!
All CVs must be accompanied by portfolio and/or website link.
Requirements of the Role
We are looking for a high-energy and motivated designer with a can-do and entrepreneurial attitude, who can work across the following areas:
• Work with senior stakeholders to understand requirements and business objectives
• Work with internal development team to create and ship products
• Estimate work, deliver to deadlines, and be vocal when risk arises
• Be proactive and push forward with ideas, build momentum and keep the team engaged
• Look to develop original and compelling solutions – we need a creative problem solver
• Be someone that can see the bigger picture and understand how an individual digital experience works as part of a larger customer experience ecosystem
• We practice a participatory methodology – you should be happy to involve users from as early a stage of the project as is possible through to completion – this includes low and high fidelity UX designs, wireframes and interactive prototypes across mobile, tablet and desktop
Required experience and skills
• Hands-on experience in a tech start-up, or in creating and launching new products is essential to this role
• UX or Product Management experience in software that is focussed on big data, enterprise content management,
or information management would be beneficial
• Strong conceptual skills with an ability to create original solutions based on user needs
• Expert knowledge of user-centred design, processes and UX principles
• User research and discovery skills (workshops, personas, mental models, user journeys, surveys etc.)
• Creation of mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes to share ideas and gather feedback
• Planning and facilitate usability testing (both prototypes and products) and user workshops
• Effective communicator and presenter
• Excellent organisational and time management skills - you will need to be comfortable working on multiple work
• Fluency with various design sketching and prototyping tools
Degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or related field of study (or suitable work experience in lieu of degree)
Aiimi operates in a collaborative working environment and encourages all employees to work in conjunction with colleagues wherever possible, whilst also encouraging independent working.
- Competitive Salary!
- Up to 10% of basic salary in flexible benefits (to include death in service and critical illness cover as standard plus private healthcare, dental, pension etc.)
- Up to 10% of basic salary in bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (you will receive an additional day of annual leave for every 2 years of your employment)
To apply for this role please email email@example.com