Aiimi, Diversity and the Tech Talent Charter.
We've signed up to The Tech Talent Charter! Shaina Koval, part of Aiimi's Diversity Committee, shares the details...
Becoming a signatory
This is some really exciting news for us. At Aiimi, we’ve made our commitment to diversity and inclusion official by signing up to the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), a non-profit organisation supported by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport that works to address inequality in the UK’s tech sector.
By signing up to the Tech Talent Charter, we are publicly holding ourselves accountable to making change for a more equitable industry. Day-to-day, the TTC's extensive community of signatories and the toolkit they provides will help guide the improvements that we make in our culture and practices at Aiimi.
On a personal level I'm excited to do whatever I can to make my little corner of the UK tech industry more reflective of the values that I hold close to my heart: being accommodating to everyone, being diverse across all intersections of identity, and forever seeking to learn and improve. I know from my involvement in our Diversity @ Aiimi team and my interactions with colleagues across the business that many us feel exactly the same.
Most importantly, our CEO, Steve Salvin, agrees:
“I’m thrilled that Aiimi have joined the Tech Talent Charter. As a leading tech company in the UK, Aiimi is proud of its commitment to diversity. Time and time again, we’ve done the best work when teams of people from all walks of life have come together to solve common problems. We’re on a journey and we know there’s still a long way to go to achieve equality in the workplace, so the Charter is a fantastic opportunity for us to close the digital skills gap and serve our clients better with strong, diverse talent.”
Our next steps
As a signatory of the TTC and through our new Diversity @ Aiimi team, we are undertaking a number of new initiatives such as:
- Creating a more inclusive recruitment process
- Where are we finding our recruits?
- What messages are we sending throughout the recruitment process?
- Collecting our diversity data:
- And submitting this to the TTC for their yearly report
- Using our diversity data to set goals—where are we now and where do we want to be?
- Scheduling diversity events:
- How can we make sure that everyone at Aiimi feels included?
- How can we increase understanding and improve allyship within our company and our greater tech and MK community?
- Assessing our employment policies and practices by gathering feedback from our team:
- Where are there gaps in our accommodations for marginalised groups?
- How can we make everyone feel not just accommodated for, but embraced?
- Hosting our own 'Code First: Girls' courses:
- Using our expertise to encourage more women and non-binary folks into tech as a career
A more equitable world can’t be created quickly or easily, but at Aiimi we are saying it loud and clear: we will do our part, and we look forward to continuing on this journey.
If you'd like to find out more about the work of Diversity @ Aiimi, or help us learn by sharing what your organisation is doing to promote equality and diversity, contact the team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Aiimi Insights, delivered to you.
Discover the latest data and AI insights, opinions, and news from our experts. Subscribe now to get Aiimi Insights delivered direct to your inbox each month.
Enjoyed this insight? Share the post with your network.